The Library

Sunday 16 June 2013

REWIND! Stylus Stories a slight return ...

In an effort to create inertia and post more frequently, but with less content (bloody words), I thought I'd take the time to say thanks for all the RT's, shares and general feedback - it's much appreciated. 

Stylus Stories (as featured in the last blog ... ) are a lovely lot and have furnished me with an audio recording of me telling my other story about touching David Bowie, with my right hand ...

*shudder* 

Anyway - I thought I'd post it up here as it gives you a better idea of the vibe - i.e. its an 'audio thing' ... with beer.


*cringe*


Tin Machine - I can't read




Moving on ...


I thought I'd also give you a round up of what I'm doing and digging. Doing wise I have just done a remix for my friend Rob Bridgett and his chaotic moniker 'Black London'. The track 'Tunneler' is a beast of a thing and despite Mr. B now residing in Canada I feel that it captures some of the magic and chaos of East London where I live. Naturally I wanted to hack and slay and here is the result ...


Rob is a unique talent both in terms of sound design and composition - if you like dark thoughtful abstraction this is the guy for you.

CLICK HERE TO CLIMB INSIDE BOB's LAPTOP


Furthermore ...


In an effort to save everyone time and space I have reviewed some of my favourite new LP's in haiku form ... 



British Sea Power - Machineries of Joy:


'Domestic indie;
Oh! Indigenous tunesmiths -
Evolve and grow strong'



Acid - "Mysterons Invade The Jackin' Zone" (SoulJazz):


"Altogether now!
Nerp-nip-NEEEEEEOW-NOING-nip-nip!
Acid test? Still FRESH!"



Savages 'Silence Yourself':


"She sounds like Siouxsie?
GET OVER IT ALREADY!
Gothic post punk? Yes."


Finally ...


I have been tipping the Snow Ghosts LP for a while now and Im glad to say we are finally getting to hear some of it.

Snow Ghosts - Murder Cries






I think it's an intriguing mix of folk-like songwriting and the kind of dark electronica that is weirdly informed by the drama of the metal world. Also, spare a thought for the artists ... After months of production, recording and video making they found themselves inadvertently banned from the BBC after the Woolwich atrocity for incorporating the word 'murder' in the title. I'd call that 'overkill' but who knows what might happen after I press 'publish'. 

And ... that about wraps up this mini update. 

Remember:

Buy your music, live for danger and never eat anything bigger than your head. 

I will return next time I find something that makes me want to rant into the hollow barrel of the internet. I expect that will happen sooner rather than later.

@eops

No comments:

Post a Comment